Friday, July 12, 2013

L I F E / Capsule Collection By Love Aesthetics

 photo loveaestheticscapsule.jpg

 photo loveaestheticscapsule02.jpg

This has been one of the most exciting projects I've ever done in my life.
Designing a small capsule collection for BlackBlessed and getting complete freedom was just ...-and I deleted everything that I just wrote, because there is no way to describe how incredible it felt-.

I decided to make basic pieces that are all about functionality. They are very simplistic but if you look closely, you'll see that they all secretly have more than one function. Here's three individual explanations about the multi purpose pieces I designed:


/The Pant-Skirt
I came up with this about a year ago. After I made a leather wrap skirt but found out how it often didn't fit into my daily life. Riding my bike, running after my kid, was impossible in such a short stiff skirt. The back seam that it had sparked the idea of splitting the skirt into two legs, creating shorts with an overlapping skirt-front.

/The Jacket
Still obsessed with an anti-shape, unfeminine silhouette the jacket in this collection had to be a boxy one. I stripped it from as much as possible; no collar, no visible seams, some seams edges left unsewn, no pockets. Even got rid of some seams altogether on the front and merged the pattern into one big panel, creating a nice fold instead of a seam under the arm. And though it might look like you're not carrying anything, the inside of this jacket is packed with secret compartments; a zipped pouch, a place to put your phone and some slits to hold your cards.

/The Bag
Backpacks I love because of their practicality, clutch bags I love because of their lightness, to tuck them under your arm when you're carrying little. But sometimes you can't plan your day, your luggage might get bigger or smaller and you're stuck with the wrong bag. Packing for trips I also only like to take one bag that will be suitable for all situations. So I came up with this simplistic rectangular bag (can you see the paper lunch bag influence?) with detachable straps. You can wear it as a backpack, reposition the straps and use it as a shoulder bag, or take off the straps and fold it (or roll it like that lunch bag) into a clutch.


It was incredible to meet Floriana Serani, who singlehandedly created blackblessed.com; designes her own products, does the production and updates the blog. Working with someone like her, who makes things happen and makes her dreams a reality like putting up an independent, affordable online boutique, was super inspiring. The collection is available as of today! (hurraaay!) on Blackblessed.com, take a look if you have time!

/Blackblessed is giving away one of the jackets!
Follow them on instagram and leave your name/ size / email under this image.
Next friday someone is getting that jacket!

No comments:

Post a Comment